- Commercial Property Depreciation
- Types of Commercial Property Depreciation Services
- How much will I save?
- How much does a commercial depreciation report cost?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Why Choose Washington Brown?
Property depreciation is the loss in value of an asset (building) over time due to wear and tear, physical deterioration and age.
Under Australian tax law, if you own commercial real estate or commercial property that is rented or used for income-producing purposes you are entitled to claim the depreciation of that property against your taxable income.
There are two types of depreciation allowances available: depreciation on Plant and Equipment, and depreciation on Capital Allowances. In order to maximise the tax savings on your investment property you’ll need a professionally prepared Tax Depreciation Report or Tax Depreciation Schedule.
Washington Brown Quantity Surveyors are experts in property tax depreciation for investment properties. We have a specialist commercial property depreciation team, solely dedicated to servicing the needs of commercial property investors.
Our commercial depreciation team have experience in a wide range of commercial property including:
Types of Commercial Property Depreciation Services
Washington Brown provides professional depreciation advice and reports for buyers, owners and sellers of commercial property. Our commercial property clients range from individual investors, institutional investors, superfunds and private companies.
We offer the following commercial depreciation services:
Commercial Property Buyers
- Review and advise on existing contract of sale to ensure that the full tax depreciation potential is realised prior to exchange.
- Review and comment on existing depreciation schedule or registers provided by the vendor to ensure that the full tax depreciation potential is realised.
- Indicative Property Tax Depreciation Report to use in preliminary feasibility analysis.
Commercial Property Owners
- Preparation and delivery of comprehensive property tax depreciation report.
- Detailed onsite property inspection – all depreciable items are noted and photographed.
Commercial Property Vendors
- Preparation of Indicative Property Tax Depreciation Report for inclusion in the Sale Information Memorandum (IM).
How Much Will I Save?
Savings can be substantial. You can get a quick estimate of the likely tax savings you will make on your commercial property by using our exclusive online tax depreciation calculator.
How Much does a Commercial Depreciation Report Cost?
The cost of a commercial depreciation report will vary depending on the size and complexity of the building and the type of property. Complete our simple online quote request form and we will get back to you within 24hours with a fee estimate for your property or call us now on 1300 99 06 12.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have put together a Commercial Property Depreciation Frequently Asked Questions section which should help answer your questions about commercial property depreciation. If you have a specific question you want answered call us on 1300 99 06 12 or email us.
Why Choose Washington Brown?
- We have been quantity surveying industry leaders for over 30 years and boast an extensive list of commercial real estate clients – see our extensive project experience
- Washington Brown is registered with the Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors and our staff are members of the Institute
- Our team has extensive experience in property tax depreciation on all commercial property types including hospitality, retail, office and warehouse properties
- We have offices all around Australia
- We guarantee to save you money!
Talk to one of our experienced consultants now! For an obligation free discussion call 1300 99 06 12 or email us.