How to claim the maximum depreciation on your investment property.
In what areas do you prepare Quantity Surveyor Depreciation Schedules in Brisbane?
We cover all areas of Brisbane, from Logan and Ipswich to the CBD and Brisbane QLD.
We also prepare Gold Coast Depreciation Schedules and have a Sunshine Coast office that separately services those regions.
Washington Brown has been in business for over 40 years and is a member firm of the Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors.
What do you include in the Brisbane Depreciation Schedule?
- You will receive a tax depreciation schedule that will last you for 40 years.
- You will receive both the values of the capital allowance deductions and plant and equipment deductions, where applicable.
- We will estimate the previous owners’ renovations where applicable.
- Include any renovation or items you have installed – making life easier for your accountant.
How much does a Quantity Surveyor in Brisbane cost?
Prices vary subject to the following:
- Whether the property needs an inspection, this is the most significant variation in pricing. When the tax depreciation laws changed in 2017, it meant that not all properties need a depreciation inspection.
- The type of property you have purchased. The fee will be higher if you require a depreciation report for a shopping centre compared to a one-bedroom apartment. There is more for us to measure.
- If you have built a property, you may be able to give us the building contract, plans and specification. If that’s the case, we may work from those documents, which will reduce your fee.
At Washington Brown, we prefer to analyse your property first and work out a depreciation plan for your property.
Why Use Washington Brown to prepare my Brisbane Quantity Surveyor Report?
- The quality of our Google Reviews are world class.
- We are consistently rated as providing World Class Service by our clients (NPS Score).
- We analyse your property before advising your fee. Some companies tell you all properties need an inspection, which is in their interest not yours.
- We have been independently rated as the Best Quantity Surveying Brisbane and Australia by Your Investment Property Magazine.
How much will I be able to claim in depreciation deductions from a tax depreciation report?
Our depreciation calculator is one of a kind. It’s the only property depreciation calculator that enables you to get an estimate based upon a purchase price.
Enter in the particulars of your investment property, including the purchase price, purchase date, standard of finish and location.
You can see what property tax deductions are available to you:
Once you have entered in your details, press calculate, and you’ll be able to see how much you can claim in depreciation on your Brisbane investment property
Let Washington Brown’s commercial and residential quantity surveyors Brisbane, analyse your property and prepare a plan to save you money on your investment property.
Please call us on 1300 99 06 12 or get a Brisbane Tax Depreciation Quote now.